The World Health Organisation (the United
Nations specialised agency for health) defines health as a state of complete physical, social and mental wellbeing, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
The Environmental Health Section is committed for securing the proper sanitary condition of the
District Council of Yorke Peninsula and for ensuring the maintenance of satisfactory standards for the health of the community.
- Food Safety and surveillance
- Communicable Disease Control
- Housing Conditions and Amenity
- Public Health Pest Control
- Hairdressing and Skin Penetration Activities
- Water Quality – rainwater tanks
- Waste Control Systems
- Built Environment
- Emergency Management –disease control
- Immunisation – contracted to SYP Health Services
The District Council of Yorke Peninsula regularly refers to the following information sites to provide up to date information in relation to Public Health issues.